I have so many fond memories as a child dressing up and going from home to home saying the infamous statement "Trick or Treat"! Kids look forward to dressing up in cool costumes and getting free candy. Be careful though of the intake of candy because to much at one time can cause a serious stomach ache. That is not the least of my worries for our kids though. Here are some safety tips for your kids to have a happy halloween eve!
- Pick out a safe and bright costume! Reflective would be great.
- Plan a safe route that is well lit and a time to return home.
- Stop only at familiar houses in your neighborhood and small children shouldn't go alone. Always have an adult accompany them!
- Instruct your children not to eat any treats until you can inspect them.
- Instruct your children never to get a car or walk into a home of a stranger.
- Always stay in a group!
- Carry a flashlight!
- Walk don't run, stay on sidewalks, and obey traffic signals
- Approach only houses that are lit!
- Wear clothes with reflective tape or bright colors!
Everyone wants to have a safe and happy halloween for themselves, their guests and children. Using these safety tips and common sense can help you make the most of your halloween season and make it as enjoyable for your kids as it is for you.
To see listed properties in the Metro Jackson Area just click here!